Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Max!


I can't believe our sweet boy is 2! He had a great time at his birthday party on Saturday at Uncle Scott and Aunt Sue's house. Lots of family and friends came to help us celebrate. It was a beautiful day and all of the kids loved playing outside, jumping on the trampoline, swinging, climbing, sliding, digging, and even riding the four wheeler. We ate hamburgers and hot dogs and then had cake and ice cream. Max was having such a great time playing that he did not want to open his presents, but with a little coaxing, he finally did. By the end of the party, the boys were exhausted and dirty! It was a perfect day.
Dad's turn. Wow I really can't believe he's two already either. Every night before I go to bed I go to check on him to make sure his diaper is okay, he's not too cold, whatever. And every once in a while I'm amazed at how much of the crib he's taking up. I'm really going to miss having a sweet little face sound asleep in a crib. Before long I'm sure I'll be converting it to a toddler bed and instead of waking up to the sound of "raaaarrrry boyyyy" over the monitor in the mornings, it'll be him running into our room and pouncing on the bed, that'll have to do I guess. The party was as Leslie said, perfect. Everyone had a great time and it was awesome seeing him light up at candle time, he was beaming when he saw everyone huddled up around him and the cake. Thanks to everyone that helped make the day another memorable one...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is such a cool cake! Did you do it when you got to Dothan? That is impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she did, it started off all straight but we hit a few bumps in the road...;-)

    ReplyDelete