Friday, February 13, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY



Some thoughts for Valentine's Day....

I have had to wear my glasses this week (which I hate) due to very irritated eyes. I decided to wear a little red lipstick (which I never do) to compensate. When I picked Briggs up from school yesterday the following conversation ensued:

"Mom you look different."
"Is it the glasses or the red lips?"

"The red lips I think."

"Do you like the red lipstick?"

"Well, ..... it's really red."

"Yes, but do you like it?"

"Mom, I like it however you put it."

Smart boy, he learns fast.

We made heart shaped sugar cookies decorated with icing to attach to the valentine's for Briggs' class. I got a little reckless while decorating and decided to pipe " I love you" on one and asked him who he wanted to give it to. To my surprise, he said the name of a little girl whose birthday party we went to last Saturday. After giving out the valentines yesterday, he said, "Mom I told Alex what you put on her cookie." I asked, "What did she say?"

"Nothing." Girls can be cruel.

We made his teacher a valentine box and put a handmade card inside (see picture, on the right side.) Both were for his teacher, but when he got in the car he announced that he brought the box back. I told him that he was supposed to give it to his teacher to which he replied, "but Mom, I thought just the card inside was for her. I wanted to keep the box you made."

I guess we'll send that back to school next week, but it does make me feel good that he likes the crafts I make, however girley they may be.


For Max's part, he is trying to sing "I can't fight this feeling anymore." (REO SPEEDWAGON?)
(from Horton Hears a Who)


And the best part of Valentine's Day..........................................................................................................
Rod and I have a babysitter!


2 comments: