Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Guatemala

Leslie is in Guatemala this week with some others from our small group at church. She was really nervous before the flight and entertained thoughts of backing out but eventually mustered up the courage to go. She'll be gone for a week and I'm staying home to take care of the boys while she's away. She emailed the other night to say that they were going to be handing out food to individuals and families that live in shanties on top of an old dump. She says a lot of the people are already believers but there is so much despair. I'm proud of her for finding the strength to go and try to help make a difference in His name.

Before she left she bought a small gift for the boys for each day that she'll be gone, they've loved it. It's just little stuff like plastic cowboys and Indians or chem lights but it's certainly helped make her being gone a little easier for them. It's been raining a lot so we've occupied ourselves by going to the McWane center and finding some new parks in the few dry spells that we've had. We're managing along fine but can't wait for her to get back home.

1 comment:

  1. By the way, I mustered up the courage to go after my loving husband told me that if I did not go I was being like Jonah, running from God and might be swallowed by a whale. He always knows just the right thing to say to melt my heart! Leslie

    ReplyDelete