Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break






It's been so long since we blogged that it took Rod and I both to remember the user name and password! We've been so busy with work, school, and baseball that we haven't taken the time to blog. I don't even know where to begin, so here are some highlights:
  • The boys have been sleeping in Briggs' bed together and it is working out so well. They snuggle up and sleep all night together.

  • Briggs lost his second front tooth at church last Sunday after bumping into Max's head. It bled and bled but now he has a cute smile with a gap a mile wide!

  • Max's monkey collection grows ever larger; it's just hard to say no when he says, "But mom, I have missed him and he missed me." It's like two long lost friends reunited.

  • The boys took turns with a stomach virus, but somehow I only had a slight touch of it and Rod didn't have it at all.

  • Max has a slight obsession with play dough and cookie cutters. He likes to smell the play dough and set all the containers out on the coffee table. Then he gets the cookie cutters and lays them all out beside the play dough. He never actually uses the cookie cutters to cut the play dough, he just likes to look at everything all laid out.



  • For the past month or so I have been on a cooking spree. I got the "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" cookbook and although I am not planning on making everything in the cookbook, I have made several wonderful things that have become part of our weekly menu. I have also been obsessively baking, but I'll save that explanation for another time. I can't remember when I have been so excited about meal planning and I'm sure Rod just hopes it continues.

  • Briggs is learning "greater than and less than" at school. So I thought I would be the homework hero and tell him about the easy way I learned which was which, i.e. the crocodile's mouth bites the biggest number. The following math test was filled with greater than and less than signs proudly displaying crocodile teeth. I'm surprised his teacher did not count them all wrong.

  • It rained so much last week our back yard flooded (wetting the basement walls) and our septic tank backed up. To be honest, I did not deal well emotionally with the mess in the shower, tub and toilets. I tried to keep my emotional distress inside, but my sweet husband sensed my distress (or maybe it was my short temper?) and encouraged me to take the boys to my parents' house and let him deal with everything. He had the tank pumped out, a french drain put in the back yard, the house cleaned, clothes washed and put away, and had a card waiting for me on my pillow when I got home. All this in addition to being called out to help at a plant with some problems in Augusta, GA. To say that he is a blessing to me is an understatement.

  • We had a fun spring break. The boys got to play with their cousins every day. We hadn't been home since Christmas and they had a lot of catching up to do. They played putt putt, had a sleepover, went bowling and ate pizza to celebrate Hudson's birthday, made leprechaun traps on St. Patrick's Day, stayed up late, ate cookies and Cheetos, and watched movies. Briggs went to work with Papa one day and had the best time helping him work on a drive shaft for an old car.


Today's spring break traffic turned our four hour trip home into a six and a half hour trip (with a non-working DVD player). I am glad to be home and even more glad that it's finally spring- even though they are forecasting possible snow tomorrow- I just know that bright, sunny days are just around the corner!



3 comments:

  1. I lOVE the shot of the coffee table. That is precious! (And something I would totally do...I still do that with new pens/markers... scary, huh?)

    What a wonderful time in life this is! And what a blessing Rod is to you! It's wonderful to read about him loving you as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her. Oh, godly husbands are wonderful!!! A gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog always makes me smile. We need to get together soon. I miss yall! Isn't it overwhelming to have such a great husband! We are blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee table pictures looks just like something Raylee would do. She has the "Little People" dolls and lays them out in a line every day.

    ReplyDelete