Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Hear the Secrets that you Keep....



All of the boys at our house talk in their sleep. Maybe it's not all that unusual, but the things that they say are sometimes strange and have been responsible for frequent cases of the silly giggles at three o'clock in the morning.

It all started when Rod and I first got married. We took Japanese in college together and Rod retained an amazing amount of the language. When he worked at Sony, his boss was Japanese and he also had to go to Japan. So, he actually used the language and at one point was quite fluent (he might disagree, but seriously, who speaks and understands Japanese?) One night, he all of a sudden started talking in his sleep- in Japanese. I don't remember what he said, but I remember having to get out of the bed and go in a different room because I was laughing so hard.
Briggs, too has always talked in his sleep, although I can't remember anything he has said recently.
Following in their footsteps, Max has recently started talking in his sleep. While Rod was gone and the boys were sleeping with me, he blurted out, "Briggs is not sharing with me!" He even elaborated when I asked him about it (while still asleep).
Then, the night before last, I was about to go to bed and I heard him say something about a bad guy. I decided to go upstairs to check on him and as I was about to leave, he started panting. I turned around and he barked. Like a dog. Twice. I laughed so hard I woke Briggs up for a moment.
They may not all look alike, but they are......
Like Father, Like Son.

1 comment:

  1. Leslie,
    I think I would have died out laughing myself if I would have heard someone speaking JAPANESE of all things in their sleep. Only Rod, I guess. That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete