Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pining Away No More


I just heard from Rod and he is back in the USA! He still has a few more hours until he boards the final plane for home.


I have missed him so much. This is the longest we have ever been apart and for some reason I started thinking about the night we met. He was about to get on a plane to go to his grandfather's funeral. We literally met for a few seconds, but that's all it took because we were already head over heels for each other. He gave me his letter man jacket and a hug. It seemed like he was gone forever and we talked on the phone every minute we could. Wow, that was a long time ago-1989. I was 15 but I knew he was the one for me. A LOT has changed in our lives since then, but the one thing that hasn't changed is that we are still head over heels.


Maybe it was that Peter Cetera song I heard on the way home from taking him to the airport and then the one I heard again today that made me think about when we first met. Funny how you don't hear a song for years and then hear two from the same era that take you right back to a time and place you had not been in a while.


Max has his end of the year program tonight and I can't wait to hear him sing his songs. He gave us a preview in the car of Jesus Loves Me. So sweet.


Briggs has field day tomorrow at school. I am not sure if he will make it or not. I wonder if the school would excuse an absence like this:


"Please excuse Briggs from school on Friday. He was not feeling his best." Hmm. I kinda doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that picture of y'all! And I am so happy he is almost home...maybe home by now?! You are a precious wife and mama and your writing has encouraged my heart. I pray your time together is sweet. Just thinking about you getting to see him after so long apart makes my heart smile with joy and happiness for you! :) Enjoy, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete