Sunday, August 15, 2010

How To Train Your Karate Kid Not To Harm Innocent Bystanders



Last night we went to the $1 movie to see "How To Train Your Dragon." During the previews, I noticed Max completely enthralled with the "Karate Kid."
He was mesmerized and in that zone where he forgot he was in the world and not the karate kid himself
All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I see him karate chop the head of the woman sitting in front of us.
I was stunned and as I began to profusely apologize and chastise Max, I realized he really didn't know what he had done. It struck me as so funny that I began laughing so hard, with tears pouring out of my eyes, as I am still apologizing to the woman. I know she had to think, "why is this mother laughing that her son just hit me?" I really can't explain why it was so funny, I guess I was just so shocked.
And poor Max was so shocked at himself. Then he began apologizing to the woman, over and over. Then he said, "Mom, I'm sooo sorry, it was an accident."
Then Rod came back from getting popcorn and I began laughing/crying all over again trying to tell him what happened. It was wrong, but it was hysterical.



Even this morning walking into church, Max was telling me how he did not mean to hurt that woman because it "was jest a- accident." He really was repentant.



The sweetest part of the movie was when Briggs (at 7 years old) leaned over and kissed me on the cheek and asked, "Mom, do you like this movie? I just knew you would."



4 comments:

  1. Too. Cute. But only because it didn't happen to me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have the best adventures. We have got to get together. This was the funniest thing I've read in a while.

    ReplyDelete